More permanent stuff at

10 September 2007

Upgraded Myth

I just finished upgrading my MythTV system. Given the pain it took me to get it running smoothly in the first place, I was worried about the upgrade.

Things went smoothly though. The only problem I ran into was my own fault. I forgot to move the mythweb php files over into my htdocs area and set permissions appropriately. Five minutes later I was in business.

I changed the data grabber to Schedules Direct using mythtv-setup and ran mythfilldatabase. I went from having 5 days of data to 14. It feels good to have this out of the way--like a yearly physical or something.